How do I customise the list of sources on the News search form?
You can add, delete, and rename the categories and sources that appear in your users' list of sources on certain search forms. The forms you can change appear in the drop-down list on the form for customising the list.
To change the list of sources:
- Select Admin from the global navigation user drop-down menu.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Click on the User Preferences subtab.
- Click on the Search Form Sources subtab.
- Select an account from the Account drop-down list.
- From the drop-down list on the left, select the name of the search form you want to customise.
The list of source categories currently available on that search form appears in the box on the left, and the sources available in those categories, on the right. Categories and sources are listed by their CSI (Constant Source Identifier) number, along with the source name as it currently appears on the form.
- Do one of the following:
To... Select... Add a source category In the Add a Source Category box, type the CSI number in the Enter a source CSI number field. Enter the category name you want to use in the Enter a Display Name field and click on Add. Change the order of the categories in the list Click on the Change the order of the list link in the Add a Source Category box. Delete a source category from the list Click on the Delete link next to the CSI for the category. Add a source to the list
- Select the source category you want to add a source to in the Add a Source Category box. The current sources in that category will appear on the right side of the form.
- Type the CSI number in the Add Sources box. You can add multiple CSIs by typing the CSI numbers, separated by semicolons for individual sources or by commas for combined sources.
- Click on the Add button.
Give the source a custom name Enter a name in the Display Name box next to the CSI for the source. Delete a source from the list Click on the Delete link next to the CSI for the source. Change the order of the sources in the list Click on the Change the order of the list link next to the CSI for the source. Discard your changes and restore the source list to the way it was when you opened this page Click on the Reset to original source list link next to the CSI for the source. Discard your changes and restore the source list to the way it was the last time you saved your changes Click on the Reset to last saved link next to the CSI for the source.
- When you have finished making changes, click on the Save and Publish button.
The new source list will appear for users in this group the next time they log in.