How do I create an alert?
- The steps you follow vary depending on your starting point.
Whichever option you chose above, continue with the following steps.
From this page... You can... Any search form (except Save Search)
Click on the Save this Search link.
The Save Search form Click on Save as an Alert (Search Alert). The Results page
You may choose either of these options:
- Click on the Create Alert () icon.
- Select the Create Alert option from the Next Steps drop-down list.
- Name the Search Alert (the name may be no longer than 255 characters).
- Select how often you would like to run the Search Alert.
- Enter an e-mail address to specify where you would like the results to be sent, or choose to view the results online only. Example: (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Select format, font, and other delivery options, as desired.
- Click on the Test Search button. A Test Results page is displayed, which gives you the option to Save your search or further refine the search by clicking on Edit Search.