How do I restrict my tax search to specific sources?
While searching with Lexis® Tax, you can limit your search to a specific set of primary and secondary tax sources within your federal, state and local, or U.S. international practice area. While viewing these sources, you can:
- Add the source to your search.
- View information about the source.
- Review the table of contents for each source.
To complete these different tasks:
- Click the Sources tab at the top of the Lexis® Tax page.
- Optionally, to narrow the list of sources, choose an option from the Narrow By list. (For example, you can filter by Jurisdiction, Practice Area, and so forth.)
- Complete any of the following steps:
- To add a source to your search, locate the source you want to view and click the Add this source to search icon (). The source is added to the search box.
- To view information about the source, such as its publisher, coverage, and so forth, click the View source information icon ().
- To view the documents related to the source, click the source name drop-down list and choose Get all source documents from the list of options. The list of documents appears for you to review.
- To save a filter to the Favorites pod of the Lexis Tax Home page, click the source name drop-down list and choose Save this source as a favorite.