How do I search using Lexis®?
There are several ways to perform legal research with Lexis®. To begin your research, select Client at the top of the page to associate your research with a specific client or matter. Then search using one of the methods below.
When you enter a search, you don't need to enter your terms using terms and connectors or natural language guidelines because Lexis automatically determines which type of search to perform from your search terms. For example, if you enter budget and deficit, Lexis will run a terms and connectors search, because the connector "and" is part of the search.
- Search all content
- Search using the advanced search form
- Restrict your search to a specific jurisdiction, category, or practice area
- Restrict your search by date or date range
- Shepardize® a citation
- Resume previous research
- Restrict your search to specific sources
- Restrict your search to specific legal topics
- Search by citation
- Retrieve or print documents by citation
- Search archived codes