How do I save my research?
The search terms, documents, and other activities from your research are automatically saved in your history for up to 90 days. You can access them by selecting the History drop-down list at the top of any page. Your last 5 searches are also available from the History pod on the Lexis® home page.
If you want to save your search terms or documents from your results for an unlimited time, you can save them to Folders.
To do this:
- After running a search and reviewing your results, do one of the following:
To... Do This Save a search From the results list, select the Actions drop-down list (near the top of the page) and select Add search to folder. The Add to Folder dialog box appears. Proceed to Step 3. Save one or more documents from the results list
- Select the checkbox next to each document you want to save, then select the Add to folder () icon at the top of your results. A list of options for saving the document appears.
- To save the document or documents to a specific folder you've already created and used recently, choose that folder from the list. The documents are saved to the selected folder, and no further steps are required.
- To save the document set to a new folder or a folder that's not appearing in your recently used list, select Choose a folder. Then proceed to step 2, below.
Save a document from the full document view
- While viewing the full document, select the Add to folder () icon at the top of the document. A list of options for saving the document appears.
- To save the document to a specific folder you've already created and used recently, choose that folder from the list. The document is saved to the selected folder, and no further steps are required.
- To save the document to a new folder or a folder that's not appearing in your recently used list, select Choose a folder. Then proceed to step 2, below.
- At the Selected Documents tab of the Add to Folder form that appears, enter a title for the items you want to save (select Edit all titles to do this), or keep the title that is displayed.
- At the Save Options tab, choose any of the following options, depending on whether you're saving a search or saving a document:
Option Description Save Search (Add search to folder option) Enter a different name for the search in the Save Search box. Store Narrow By selections for (Add search to folder option) Choose whether to save your Store Narrow By selections by choosing Category I'm currently viewing or All categories. What do you want to save? Choose whether you want to save the documents you've specifically selected or the full results list for your search. Notes Type any notes about your research in the Notes box. Save In Select the folder you want to add the items to, or select the Create New Folder button to create a new folder.
- To share the folder with other users, select the Share with Others tab and then enter the name or email address of the person you want to share with. Then click Add.
- Click Save to save the items.
To retrieve your saved items, select the Folders link from More drop-down list at the top of any page or select the item from the Folders pod on the home page.