How do I pre-filter my Litigation Profile Suite search results?
When searching for expert witness, judge, or attorney profiles using Litigation Profile Suite, you can fine-tune your search by specifying a pre-search filter. For example, if you are searching for an attorney with a fairly common name, you could specify the jurisdiction in which the attorney practices. This can help limit your search results to those that more closely match the specific attorney you are searching for.
The types of pre-search filters available depend on the type of search you are performing:
- When searching for an expert witness, you can filter your search by Location or by Area of Expertise.
- When searching for a judge, you can filter your search by Jurisdiction.
- When searching for an attorney, you can filter your search by Location.
To pre-filter your search results:
- Choose the search type from the drop-down list to the left of the search field.
- If you know the person's name (or part of the name), enter it in the search field.
- Select the Filters drop-down list and then select the the link for the pre-search filter you want to assign to your search. A list of options available for that filter appears.
- Select the checkboxes for the filters you are interested in.
- Click Search. Litigation Profile Suite searches the LexisNexis® databases for profiles that meet your search criteria. It then displays any results that are found. (See Understanding Overall Search Results for LexisNexis® Litigation Profile Suite for details.)