How do I open a form?
You can open forms in Practical Guidance from a number of places in the application. Select from the following list to see how to open forms from that source.
- In the search field in the gray navigation bar at the top of any Practical Guidance page, type a keyword for the form you want.
- Select the Filters drop-down list to open the Narrow By pop-up.
- In the Category Type section, select Forms to designate forms as the default content type for your searches.
- From the Practice Area & Topics section, select the practice areas and topics you want to search.
- Click Search to display a list of all the Forms containing your search criteria in the selected Practice Areas and Topics.
- Select the link for the form you want to open.
- From the History drop-down at the top of any Practical Guidance page, select Recent Documents to display a list of the five documents you viewed most recently. Select the form you want.
- From the More drop-down at the top of any Practical Guidance page, select Folders to display a list view of the folders you have created.
- Select the folder containing the form you want to open to see a list of the folders and documents in the selected folder.
- Select the name of a form to open the form and any notes associated with it in a new page.
- In the Forms Index pane on the Practical Guidance home page, select the link for the selected practice area to open the forms index for that practice area or select View forms for all practice areas to open the entire forms index. Select the link for the form you want to open by browsing, filtering, or searching by form and summary.
- You can also open the forms index for a particular practice area from the topics menu on any subtopic page within that practice area by selecting the link at the bottom of the Topics fly-out menu.