How do I add an optional clause to a form?
Editable forms in Practical Guidance may have one or more nonstandard Optional clauses you can choose to add to the end of a section in a form. To add an Optional clause:
- On the right side of the form, at the end of the section to which you will add the clause, select . The Alternative Clause pop-up appears.
- What kind of alternate clause do you want to add?
If you want... Then... A standard alternate clause
Select the Add to Form button.
The Alternative Clause pop-up disappears, and the selected clause appears at the end of the section.
A custom alternate clause
- Select the Add Your Own Clause Text button. A custom clause dialog box replaces the Alternate Clause pop-up.
- In the Directly enter text, or copy and paste from another document box, enter the text of the clause you want to add.
- Select the Add Text button. The custom clause dialog box disappears. The clause you entered appears at the end of the section.
- Complete any other work you want to do in the form.
- Save the form:
If you want to save the form... Then... In Lexis®
See the topic How do I save my research.
On your computer
- From the About This Document section on the right side of the page, select Draft Now. A delivery pop-up appears, displaying a message that the system is processing your request. Once the download request successfully finishes processing, the title of the form appears as a link.
- Click the form title. Your browser downloads the form as a Microsoft Word document. Use your browser's standard controls to save the document where you want it.
- In the delivery pop-up, click the Close button.