How do I create an alert on a industry?
An alert is a search on a topic of interest that automatically runs at regular intervals and delivers results directly to you. Follow the steps below to set up an alert that delivers updates about a particular industry.
- Go to the Snapshot report for the industry you are interested in.
- Click the Create Alert link at the top of the page.
- Select the type of alert you want to create in the Type of Alert drop-down list. For example, Current News, Mergers, or Datamonitor Reports.
- Enter a descriptive name for your alert in the Name of Alert box.
- If desired, limit your results to a particular topic by entering terms in the Additional Terms box. For example, if you are creating an alert on the poultry processing industry and you only want results that relate to the Humane Slaughter Act, enter Humane Slaughter Act.
- Specify how often you want the alert to run by selecting one of the Schedule Alert options.
- Specify how you want to receive your alert results by selecting one of the Method of Delivery options. If you choose Email to, enter up to 3 email addresses. If you select View online only, you can view your results under the History & Alerts tab.
- Specify the format in which the results will appear (full text of documents, list of document titles, etc.) by selecting one of the options in the Results Format drop-down list.
- Click Save.