How do I create an alert on a person?
An alert is a search on a topic of interest that automatically runs at regular intervals and delivers results directly to you. Follow the steps below to set up an alert that delivers updates about a particular person.
- Perform a search for the person you are interested in.
- Click the Create Alert link at the top of the page.
- Select the type of alert you want to create in the Type of Alert drop-down list. For example, Executive Profiles, All News, or Negative News.
- Enter a descriptive name for your alert in the Name of Alert box.
- If desired, limit your results to a particular topic by entering terms in the Additional Terms box. For example, if you only want results that relate to this person's activities with an AIDS charity, enter AIDS.
- Specify how often you want the alert to run by selecting one of the Schedule Alert options.
- Specify how you want to receive your alert results by selecting one of the Method of Delivery options. If you choose Email to, enter up to 3 email addresses. If you select View online only, you can view your results under the History & Alerts tab.
- Specify the format in which the results will appear (full text of documents, list of document titles, etc.) by selecting one of the options in the Results Format drop-down list.
- Click Save.