How do I create an alert on a company?
An alert is a search on a topic of interest that automatically runs at regular intervals and delivers results directly to you. Follow the steps below to set up an alert that delivers updates about a particular company.
- Go to the Snapshot report for the company you are interested in.
- Select the type of alert you want to create in the Type of Alert drop-down list. In some cases, you may need to specify a second-level alert type. For example, if you select the In the News - Top Publication type, you can choose from Major Newspapers, Magazines, Transcripts, and Legal Publications at the second level.
- Enter a descriptive name for your alert in the Name of Alert box.
- If desired, limit your results to a particular topic by entering terms in the Additional Terms box. For example, if you are creating an alert on Microsoft, but you only want results that relate to Windows Live Search, enter live search.
- Specify how often you want the alert to run by selecting one of the Schedule Alert options.
- Specify how you want to receive your alert results by selecting one of the Method of Delivery options. If you choose Email to, enter up to 3 email addresses. If you select View online only, you can view your results under the History & Alerts tab.
- Specify the format in which the results will appear (full text of documents, list of document titles, etc.) by selecting one of the options in the Results Format drop-down list.
- Click Save.