Find Documents Similar to Results
Use the Find Similar Documents feature of the Research Map to find documents in a set of results that are similar to up to 3 documents listed on the map. Similarity is determined based on characteristics of the documents, such as legal topic. Typically, these are documents you viewed or delivered.
To do this:
- From the top of any page, select History, then Research Map.
- In the left pane, filter the list of searches you want to see by selecting options from the View by and Date links.
- In the Trails list (also located in the left pane), select the checkboxes for the searches you want to view.
- In the map, select an "open" icon in your results.
- Click the link for the document you want to view. The Document box is displayed.
- Under Actions in the Document box, select Select this document to find similar. This adds the document to the Find Similar Documents box above the map.
- Repeat these steps to select up to two more documents for comparison (three total).
Note: To remove a document you selected for comparison, select the Find Similar Documents tray and select the X next to the search you want to remove.
- Click the Find Similar Documents button. The Find Similar Documents For dialog box appears.
- Select Find Similar Documents. The list of similar documents or items appears.