Self-paced Learning Module
The graphic below shows you a road map to the Lexis Advance® Quicklaw® learning module, so you can work at your own pace. Below the graphic are topics containing links to the various stops along the way.
The following are all links out to individual tutorials or tip sheets within the Self-paced Learning Module so that you can become more efficient in your legal research.
- Introduction and Landing Page Overview : An introduction and brief overview of the content available in LexisNexis® Lexis+ AI™ to help you get started with your legal research.
- First Time Sign-In and Settings : Login for the first time and set your preferences.
- Tip Sheet -- Start Your Search: Red Search Box
- Viewing and Filtering Results : Learn how to filter your search results to reduce the number of documents returned after you conduct the search.
- Pre-Search Filters : How to use pre-search filters to narrow your search to specific jurisdictions, content types, and legal topics.
- Natural Language Searching : An explanation of how Natural Language searching helps you easily get great results on Lexis Advance Quicklaw.
- Boolean Searching : Learn how to use Boolean connectors to define the relationship between your search terms.
- Tip Sheet -- Terms & Connectors
Searching Case Law and Legislation
- Searching Case Law : How to search caselaw sources available in Lexis Advance Quicklaw
- Searching Legislative Sources : How to search for legislation in Lexis Advance Quicklaw
- Segment Searching : Learn how you can use document segments to target your research on Lexis Advance Quicklaw.
- Tip Sheet -- Document Segment Searching -- List of Segments by Content Category
Browsing and Searching Sources and Topics
- Topics : Learn how to use our legal taxonomy to zero in on relevant search results using Lexis Advance Quicklaw
- Tip Sheet -- Browsing Sources and Topics
- Word Wheel and Finding Sources : See how to use the word wheel and learn how to locate individual sources of interest on Lexis Advance Quicklaw.
Explore Content Pod
- Explore Content Pod: 2020 Redesign : Learn how the Explore Content Pod can help you quickly locate the many resources available on Lexis Advance Quicklaw.
- Tip Sheet -- Explore Content
Noting Up With QuickCITE®
- QuickCITE® : Learn how to note up your cases and legislation to make sure your results are still valid.
- Tip Sheet -- Note Up With QuickCITE®
- Alerts : Learn how to set up Alerts to be notified of new documents so you can stay up to date on new developments without having to rerun your previous searches.
- Tip Sheet -- Get Updates: Creating and Viewing Alerts
- History and Research Map : How to access your history
- Tip Sheet -- History: View Searches and Use the Map
Tools and Features
- Highlighting and Annotating : Learn how to highlight and annotate text.
- Copy Citation : See how you can easily copy citations from documents into other programs using the “Copy Citation” button.
- Delivering Documents : How to print, save, email, and send your documents to Dropbox on Lexis Advance Quicklaw.
- Tip Sheet -- Deliver: Print, Download and Email
- Folders : How to save documents to your folders and share them with your colleagues.
- Tip Sheet -- Folders: Save Documents, Select Text, Searches, Etc .