How do I find a piece of legislation if it has brackets in the title?
- Open the Legislation search form.
- Select the appropriate source from the Sources drop-down list. It will default to All Subscribed Legislation Sources, but you may wish to use a smaller source, such as UK Parliament Acts.
- Select the type of legislation that you are looking for - either Act or SI.
- If you know the full title of the legislation that you are looking for, enter the title in Title without including the brackets. For example, to search for the Agriculture (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1972 enter agriculture miscellaneous provisions act 1972. If you only enter part of the title in Title, use connectors to link your search terms, excluding any brackets. For example, landlord AND tenant AND temporary will find the Landlord and Tenant (Temporary Provisions) Act 1958.
- Click on Search to retrieve your results.