How do I share a document in my results with other users?
You can share folders, documents, notes, and other items with other users by placing them in a shared folder. The users you share the folder with can add documents and add or modify notes.
To do this:
- In your results list, select the documents you want to share.
- Select the Add to folder icon at the top of the results list and select Choose a folder. The Add to Folder dialog box appears.
- Click the Share With Others tab. The view changes to show sharing options.
- To share with others within your network or group of users, enter the peer's name in the Enter a peer's name... box. To share with users outside your group, enter the user's email address. Click Add to Share to add the name to the list.
- In the list of people you are sharing with, for each user, select Editor or Viewer. Editors may view and modify notes you save with the folder, and add notes of their own. Viewers may only view notes.
- Optionally, click to remove any users from the selected list.
- At the Save Options tab, select the folder where you want to save the document from the list of options under Save In.
- Enter your comments about the document in the Notes box.
- If you want the notes to be visible to the other users you have shared the folder with, select Allow recipients to view your notes. If you want the notes to be visible only to you, clear the checkbox.
- Click Save.
The users you have shared with will be notified by email, and will find the document in their Shared by others folder. You'll find the document in your Shared by me folder.