How do I limit my search to specific sources?
You can use search filters to limit your searches to specific jurisdictions, content types, legal topics, and sources. This article describes how to limit searches to specific sources. For more information on limiting searches, see How do I limit my search to specific jurisdictions or content types? and How do I limit my search to specific legal topics?
- Enter your search terms.
- Select the Browse button at the top of the page and select Sources in the left margin of the box that appears.
- Select All Sources. The sources search page appears containing a list of all sources.
- Under Narrow By... in the left pane, optionally select one or more of the headings to limit, or further limit, your search for the source name to one of those categories. The list of sources is limited, or further limited, to the selected category or categories.
- Take one of these actions:
If you want to... Then do this... Browse for the source (helpful if you know the exact name)
- At the top of the source list, select the first letter of the source name.
- At the bottom of the list, select the page number navigation links until the page containing the source name appears.
Search for the source (helpful when you do not know the exact name or know only a part of the name) In the Search Within Sources search box, type the name of the source, or a part of the name, and select the search icon.
- Select the name of the source you want to add to the search, and select Add source as a search filter from the list of options that appears. A message appears stating the source has been added to the search filters.
- Repeat these steps to add any additional sources to the search.
- Select Search.