What is the QuickCITE® Citator?
The QuickCITE Citator contains both case citation and legislation citation records.
QuickCITE case citation records
QuickCITE case citation records enable you to validate the authority of your cases. QuickCITE provides the comprehensive case history and treatment coverage necessary to assess the strength of cases. It offers fast, accurate, and extensive coverage of the most recent cases. Supreme Court of Canada decisions, including all cases cited by the Court, are processed the day of their release.
QuickCITE legislation citation records
QuickCITE legislation citation records contain the summary of judicial considerations, along with treatment, pinpoint reference, case name, citation, court, date, and signal information. They enable you to:
- Confirm the authority of statutes and regulations
- Easily access case law dealing with statutes or regulations of interest
- Determine the type of judicial treatment the cited statute or regulation has received from the citing cases
The scope of coverage includes:
- All English case references (including Federal) from 1992 to present
- All Quebec cases from 2006 to present
- Selected English jurisdiction cases prior to 1992
- Selected Quebec cases prior to 2006
- Regulation references for the following jurisdictions (within years indicated above): Alberta, Ontario, Manitoba, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland, Saskatchewan
- English and French where available