How do I limit my search results to show only those documents for my organization?
Once you have completed your search, any of your organization's documents that contain your search term are included in your results list, along with all results from other sources available at Lexis Advance®. If you choose, you can view just a list of your organization's documents.
While viewing your organization document results list, you can search for related documents, based on client name, matter, document type, and document author. You can also filter the document list as well as open the document to view it in its native format (either Microsoft Word or PDF).
Finally, you can view a summary of Shepard's Signal indicators for each individual document in your results list.
To do this:
- Complete your Lexis Advance search.
- Complete one of the following steps to view documents associated with your organization:
- For the Cited by my firm's documents field, select View the documents.
- Click the category type on the left side of the page named for your organization.
A list of just those documents available from your organization's document repository appears.
- While viewing the results, complete any of the following optional steps:
- Filter your list of documents.
- View your document in Lexis Search Advantage. (The document appears in a new web browser page.)
- Complete a search for a similar organization document based on client name, matter, document type, or document author.
- View the document in its native format.
- View a summary of citations used in the document by viewing the Citations scorecard.