How do I view a snapshot of the judge's profile using LexisNexis® Litigation Profile Suite?
In LexisNexis® Litigation Profile Suite, the Snapshot page of a judge's profile shows a summary of how the judge has ruled, the types of cases he or she has presided over, case opinions, publications, and news articles in which the judge has been involved or has been mentioned. Using the Snapshot report, you can quickly review the content available for the judge, and then use the links on the page to focus on the particular details. In short, the Snapshot page provides a quick glance at what's available, but provides options for examining the full set of results.
To view a summary of the judge's profile:
- Complete your search for a judge. (Search either by judge name or by jurisdiction.)
- At the search results list, select the judge's name. That judge's report is opened.
- Click the Snapshot link in the left pane. A summary of the judge's profile appears:
- Biographical information (such as jurisdictions and education) for the judge appears in the top section of the page.
- Graphs showing a visual representation of how a judge has been involved in the courts appear in the Ruling History boxes.
- Different publications attributed to the judge or in which the judge has been listed appear in the different Publications boxes.
- New articles (including regular, legal, and Mealey's) in which the judge has been named appear in the different In the News boxes.
- Additional search results from both lexis.com® and Lexis® Web appear in the Web box.