How do I create an alert in Lexis Practice Advisor®?
Alerts are notifications you can choose to receive automatically whenever selected content changes. When you create an alert, Lexis Practice Advisor® will monitor the selected content and notify you when new material is available. Follow the steps below to create your own custom alert.
- What kind of alert do you want to create?
To create a... Do this... Topic alert Browse to the practice area and topic you want to monitor. Pending Legislative alert By either browsing or searching, navigate to the statute or legislation you want Lexis Practice Advisor to monitor. Shepard's® alert
- Navigate to the case, statute/legislation, or administrative code/regulation whose Shepard's status you want Lexis Practice Advisor to monitor.
- Shepardize the item.
Search alert Run the search you want Lexis Practice Advisor to run at scheduled intervals.
- At the top of the page (any page of results if you're creating a Search alert), select . The search type Alert dialog box appears.
- In the Monitor tab, select the kinds of items for which you want to receive notices of updated content.
- In the Deliver tab, select the beginning and end dates for your alert.
- How do you want to receive alert results?
If you want to... Then... Always view alert results online Select the Online only radio button. View alert results online AND receive an email whenever the alert runs
- Select the Email + Online radio button. Additional options appear.
- In the Email address field, type the address at which you want to receive alert notices.
- From the Delivery format radio buttons, select whether you want the emails to be formatted as HTML or plain text.
- From the Frequency radio buttons, select how often you want to receive alert emails.
- In the Share tab, identify any other users you want Lexis Practice Advisor to notify when the selected content changes:
- In the Enter a user's name... field, type the name or email address of the first user you want to notify.
- Click the Add to share button. Lexis Practice Advisor adds the name to the Added Contacts list.
- Repeat the above step for each user you want to include.
- Select the Create Alert button. The system saves your selections, then closes the search type Alert dialog box. Your defined alert will run until the end date you selected.