How do I copy text to the clipboard?
You can copy a section of text to the clipboard, to paste into a word processor or other document. If the text is part of a legal document, you can save the document citation (including the pinpoint cite, if any) as a link to the document. From the full document view:
- While viewing a full document, use your mouse to select the text you want to copy. A shortcut menu of options appears.
- Select one of the following options:
- Choose Copy (Quick) to apply the system's default settings for either the style guide you last selected and used (which is the suggested style guide) or the style guide you select when you click the arrow next to the option. The text is copied to your Windows clipboard so you can paste it in another application, and no further steps are required.
- Choose Copy (Advanced) to select the options you want to apply to the text you are copying. The Copy Selected Text to Clipboard dialog box appears. Proceed to Step 3.
- While viewing the Copy Selected Text to Clipboard dialog box, review the citation format you want assigned to the copied text. Current format shows the last format used, or you can select a new format from the New format drop-down list and then click Apply.
- To include references in your citation, select Include these references followed by the individual reporters for your style guide.
- To copy the citation as a hyperlink that you can paste into a document, select Copy citation as a hyperlink.
- If it's available, select the Include parallel citations checkbox to include the parallel reporters in the citation.
- Depending on which browser you are using, do one of the following to copy the text and close the dialog box:
- If the dialog box has only a Close button, use your browser tools to copy the text in the Preview box and then paste the text into a word processor or other text editor. For example, right-click on the highlighted text and choose Copy from the browser's shortcut menu. Then, click Close to close the dialog box.
- If the dialog box has a Copy & Close button, click the Copy & Close button to copy the text and close the dialog box. Then, paste the text into a word processor or other text editor.