How do I copy and paste selected document text?
You can use either the Copy (Quick) or Copy (Advanced) option to copy selected text from an open document to your computer's clipboard. The Copy (Quick) option enables you to simply copy the selected text to your computer's clipboard. The Copy (Advanced) option automatically includes a document citation and parallel citations as well as the copied text. You can choose whether or not format the citation as a hyperlink and whether or not to include the parallel citations.
To copy selected text from an open document, follow these steps.
- Use your computer's pointing device to select the text you want to copy. The selected text menu appears.
- Take one of these actions:
- Take these actions to paste the selected text into another document as it is currently formatted:
- Using a word processor or text editor, open the document where you want to paste the selected text.
- Use the word processor or text editor commands (for example, select Edit and Paste from the word processor or text editor's menu) to paste the selected text into the document.