How do I add notes to documents within folders?
You can add one or more notes to most documents, but only after you have stored them in a folder. The most recently added note (or a portion of it) appears below the document's title in the folder list. The most recently added note (or a portion of it) also appears at the top of the document after you open it, and you can select View all notes to go to the Document Notes section where you can view all notes in their entirety. You can also add, edit, or delete notes in the Document Notes section.
To add a note, follow these steps.
- Open the folder containing the document to which you want to add a note as follows:
- On the Lexis Advance Quicklaw home page, select the folder from the Folders pod; or,
- Display the My Folders page by selecting View all folders at the bottom of the Folders pod on the home page or by selecting the More button at the top of any page and selecting Folders from the list that appears. Then, select the folder from the My Folders page.
- Open the document to which you want to add a note and select the Add Notes link at the top of the document.
- In the Add Notes dialogue box, enter a note of no more than 4000 characters.
- Select the Save button.