What's New - December 16, 2016
With this release, we are pleased to include the following updates:
- Quick Search Language Filters
- Quick Search Boolean Guide
- My Start Page Function
- View Selected Documents
- Manage Alerts from Alert Results Page
- Create Copies of Alerts
- New Time Zones
- Bug Fixes
- New Sources
Following is a description of each update.
Quick Search Language Filters
Language filters help you focus on the languages you need to include in your search results. To help you easily focus on news and websites written in preferred languages, we have added the following most used Languages:
Quick Search Boolean Guide
The Boolean Guide helps you select a search connector between your search terms. As soon as you press the space bar after manually entering a search term, the Boolean guide appears. Next, you can do one of the following:
- Ignore the Boolean Guide and continue to enter search terms.
- Click to select a connector. The application places it behind your last search term. Now enter your next search term behind the connector.
- Manually enter the connector or one of our other connectors or commands. For more information, refer to Using Search Connectors and Commands.
My Start Page Function
Nexis starts each session with a default start page. We recommend using Home as your starting point. However, if you prefer to access a different start page with each new research session, select the Make This My Start Page link in the right corner of the page.
View Selected Documents
After you have clicked on the checkboxes for one or more documents on the results page, a red box appears and displays the number of documents you have selected. If you click on this counter, you can do two things:
- Select View Selected Items to focus on the documents you have chosen.
- Click Clear Selections to unselect your documents.
Manage Alerts from Alert Results Page
Alert management tools are now moved to the top of your online alert results. Now you can easily identify the name of your alert and the number of results available in the current update. You can also directly edit the search and/or change settings for this alert by clicking on one of the options and following the instructions on your screen.
Create Copies of Alerts
With this release, you can easily copy one of your alerts and use it as a template for others. This works for all alerts including shared alerts. As shown below, all you have to do is:
- Select the desired alert.
- Click on the Copy icon ().
- Complete the Change Settings screens with the necessary information
For the new alert you are copying, you will want to assign a new Alert name and an accompanying New Email address. You can keep the rest of the settings the same, or you can change them, too, as needed.
New Time Zones
The following new time zones are now available for users who wish to set up alerts:
- South Africa
You can customize your default time zone under My Settings.
Current bug fixes have solved problems associated with:
- Industries selected on the Market Insight search
- Deleting a project ID when using the Russian language interface
- Opening a permalink
- Wrong number of results sent to the Nexis Analyzer application
- Navigation within a customized solution
- Displaying documents after running a saved search from company profiles
- Application error after filtering search history
- Sources no longer valid or entitled on alerts
- Linking to alerts from a breadcrumb trail
- Public records permalinking