How do I reset a user's password?
- Click on the Admin link in the global navigation bar at the top of the page.
- Click on the Users tab.
- Click on the Find a User subtab.
- Enter the user's first and last name or the user ID
- Click on Find User.
If the user you are looking for doesn't appear, see Using Wildcards and Truncation.
If too many users appear, see Enter a More Specific Name or ID.
- Click on the user's name in the results list to go to the User Details page.
- Choose what to do on the User Details page:
If the User ID... Then... Contains a functioning email address and you want the system to email the temporary password to that address automatically Click on the Reset Password (email user) link under the ID and Password heading. The system displays a temporary password. Does not contain a functioning email address or if you do not want to automatically email the temporary password Click on the Reset Password (display only) link under the ID and Password heading. The system displays a temporary password.
- Click on Finish.
If you elected to email the password, the system emails the temporary password to the associated email address. If you elected not to email the password, or if that was not a valid option, you may communicate the temporary password to the user in some other way. In all cases, the user will be required to change this password the first time he logs in.