How do I reset a user's password?
When a user has forgotten a password or has been locked out of a product after too many unsuccessful attempts to log in, their password must be reset before they can sign in to the product. To reset a user's password, follow the steps below.
- Select Users from the left side of the page.
- Select Users.
- Locate and select the user for whom you want to reset a password.
- Select Password Reset from the Actions drop-down list. The Password Reset window displays.
- Select Reset Password.
- On the Reset Password form, select one of the options below.
If you want to... Then do this... Send the user a temporary password Select Email the user this information (for some customers, this is done automatically, so it does not appear as an option). Send yourself the temporary password Select Email me this information. Send the temporary password both to the user and yourself Select both options.
- Select Reset Password to confirm that you want to reset the user's password.
You'll see a confirmation page saying you've successfully reset the user's password.